Walnut Ridge Cemetery was incorporated in 1838 as a non-profit entity governed by three trustees who were selected annually by the Wall Street Methodist-Episcopal Church in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The three original trustees were James Keigwan, Levy Spanks and William Beach. This arrangement continued until 1913 when the church granted the trustees sole responsibility for governing the cemetery. Our current board consists of 5 trustees who are selected from among the community of individuals who own lots at the cemetery.
From its beginning, the trustees and the cemetery employees have been dedicated to maintaining the cemetery in a manner that would ensure the community of a beautiful resting place for their loved ones. The cemetery’s perpetual care continues to provide families with the assurance that the grounds will always be cared for and the burial site maintained.
The cemetery is a nonsectarian, community non-profit corporation dedicated to providing comfort to families in a setting of beauty.